Packaging and Preparing your pallets prior to collection
We understand that you want your items collected and transported with the utmost of care. This is why we stress the importance of pallet presentation.
All pallets must be packaged well and presented to our driver in a condition suitable for road transportation. The driver’s decision is final on the pallet’s suitability for transit.
Pallet must be fit for purpose
- A good quality of pallet should be used – remember your pallet will be handled between 6-8 times whilst travelling through the network. It must be stable and undamaged.
- The Pallet base must be of robust construction and suitable for the type of goods carried upon it
- The Pallet can have no missing boards or chocks
- Any pallets requiring a tail-lift delivery should be on a good quality 4-way entry pallet (with a minimum of 100mm clearance for pallet truck entry)
- Goods should NOT overhang the wooden pallet base on any side
Please load goods onto the pallet securely and safely
- Goods must be secured adequately to the pallet with the use of good quality banding/wrapping
- All goods must be firmly and properly secured to the pallet base by shrink-wrap, fibre or steel banding, chains, or any other appropriate means
- Remember that the goods might be delivered to an uncovered area. Pallets should be fully wrapped for weather protection.
- Any half or quarter pallets that cannot be stacked upon must be clearly labelled with ‘do not stack’
- We do advise that any machinery is crated. It is also important that you ensure engines are fully drained and banded securely to the pallet. See Engine Shipping Guide for further information.
- Any goods placed onto the pallet must not exceed the dimensions for the size of pallet entered
- Once goods have been placed onto the pallet, they must not overhang the pallet edge
- Goods must be stable when packed or placed on the pallet
- To check stability of your pallet, perform a ‘PUSH TEST’. If you push the goods and they move or topple, they are not safe enough to travel
- Goods must not be top-heavy and be stable enough to undergo at least six transport shipments
- All individual items must have sufficient packaging, such as bubble wrap, cardboard, or any other appropriate packaging to reasonably protect them
Ensure that an accurate consignment weight is declared
- Pallets should not exceed the standard size of 1000 mm x 1200 mm, and must be within the height and weight maximums for the size entered, as below. Goods must not overhang the pallet edges.
- Failure to declare the correct weight will result in delay or cancellation
Packaging and Protection
- The goods to be palletised must be securely packaged and protected for transport prior to collection
- We are unable to package goods for transport; all we are able to do is place the item(s) on a pallet base and apply shrink-wrap. Damage to goods not securely packaged or protected for transport may not be covered by our insurance.
- There is a 70 kg limit for each single item that needs to be palletised and a maximum of 50 items: It is important that the goods can be manually lifted and secured to the pallet in a safe and timely manner.
- The driver may help to secure the item(s) to the pallet.
- The goods must fit within the pallet dimensions you have paid for; failure to do this is highly likely to incur additional costs for delivery.
- Please note: If the item is deemed unfit or unsafe for transportation, the collection driver has the right to refuse to collect.
Label the Pallet Clearly
- Pallets must be clearly marked up with relevant delivery address labels which must be placed on at least two sides of the pallet. Include full details of the sender and delivery destination – including name, address and postcode along with any reference or contact details
- Please use the facility on our Online Booking System that allows you to print pallet labels and secure to pallets.
Remember the maximum weight per pallet, in the network is:
- 1000 Kgs per Pallet (for goods collected or delivered by Tail-lift)
- Dimensions of 1200 x 1000 x 2200mm