We primarily use the Palletways network so the below video will give you an ideal overview of the basic delivery requirements:
- Enter the correct postcodes and contact details
- Enter the correct pallet size for your goods
- Note your collection and delivery date and arrange to be in when we arrive
- Maximum weight for a tail-lift is 1000 kg
- Pallet must be a on firm flat ground Concrete/tarmac in order for us to collect it successfully
Collection times are between 09:00 and 17:30 – Pallet collections are made predominantly in an afternoon. Please note that we are unable to do timed collections. We will endevour to collect at the requested times but unfortunately, this cannot be guaranteed. Orders entered before 16:00 will be collected the next working day. A same-day collection upgrade is available if ordered before 11:15 am on the day of collection.
Need to leave the house? To save you waiting in all day our driver can contact you 30 minutes before collection as long as we are provided with a mobile number. (This information must be requested in the special instructions section found on the order screen) Please note that if the driver arrives at your premises for collection and no one is in, a failed collection charge of £20 will be payable before we can re-collect.
Next Day Premium
Next Day deliveries will be made the following working day after collection. This service is available to the majority of mainland UK (excluding the Scottish Highlands).
AM Deliveries (Delivered before 12:00 pm)
Timed Deliveries (You specify the time slot in which you want your pallet(s) to be delivered, ideal for booked-in consignments and/or added convenience)
Saturday Deliveries (Delivered before 12:00 pm on a Saturday)
Please note that we are unable to give approximate collection/delivery times for consignments on a standard Next Day service.
Evening Deliveries (Delivered between (17:00 and 21:00)
Normal delivery hours are 9 am to 5 pm, Monday – Friday.
Economy consignments will be collected within two working days and delivered within three working days of collection. This service is available to all parts of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.
Normal delivery hours are 9 am to 5 pm, Monday – Friday.
Please note that we are unable to give approximate collection/delivery dates or times for consignments on an Economy service.
Economy (Specified Day)
For your convenience, you can specify a preferred day of collection as any date on or after the second working day following the placement of your Economy order. A preferred delivery date can also be specified as any date on or after the third working day following collection. These details are simply added to the further information fields when placing the order.
Whilst our standard Economy service can be faster, the Specified Day Economy option is ideal if you prefer to have pre-specified collection/delivery dates. There is no difference in cost between the two options.
Tail Lift Service
The maximum weight for a tail lift delivery or collection is 1000kg. All deliveries are defaulted to a tail lift service. If you don’t want a tail lift, then you must let us know in the order process.
To collect or deliver a pallet using our tail lift service, the pallet base must be a four-way standard pallet, we cannot collect two-way pallets using our tail lift and pump truck service.
Our tail-lift service is ideal for residential addresses and businesses that don’t have a fork-lift truck to load and unload goods delivered on pallets. Where a tail-lift is requested, the vehicle will be equipped with a pallet truck (a manually operated hydraulic lifting trolley) which lifts the pallet a couple of inches off the ground enabling it to be wheeled to the vehicle’s rear tail-lift. The tail-lift is then raised to the level of the vehicle’s deck by an electric motor so that the pallet can be wheeled into the vehicle. A tail-lift service is available on collection and/or delivery, and there is no extra charge for this.
Our Palletising Service
For an additional £25 + VAT, we can provide an empty pallet on collection.
The palletised goods must be securely packaged and protected for transport prior to collection. We are unable to package goods for transport; we can only place the item(s) on a pallet base and apply shrink-wrap. Damage to goods not securely packaged or protected for transport may not be covered by our insurance.
If the collections driver deems the item unfit or unsafe for transport, he has the right to refuse to collect.
For standard pallet sizes. We are able to ship pallets that exceed the standard dimensions or contain goods that overhang. However, these are charged at one pallet space or part thereof. To process such a consignment, please enter the number of pallet spaces as though they were separate pallets and specify “1 x Oversize” in the further info’ box below the collection address. Without this information, over sized pallets will not be collected.
Whilst every care is taken to ensure the safety of your items whist in transit, accidents can happen. To minimise the risk of damage, you are strongly advised to package your items safely using appropraite amounts of protective packaging such as bubblewrap, shrinkwrap or polychips. Any damage that is found to be as a result of inadequate packaging may not be covered by our insurance.
- Make sure that all items are securely packaged.
- Use good quality packaging materials – but try not to overdo it as unpacking an over packed item can be difficult and lead to damage.
- If your item is fragile or with a polished finish or where the finish is important to the item, make sure that the item is well padded and as placed as far away from the outside edge of the pallet as possible to prevent damage.
- Remove all lubricants from items such as engines and gearboxes for example.
- Seal all containers containing liquids before palletising.
- Do not send fragile items loose in boxes. Always ensure that these are individually wrapped and extra filler protection is used in the box, remember if it’s loose it can break.
- Load and secure your item/s to the pallet using strong quality materials such as banding, rope and shrink-wrap to cope with the movement of fork and pallet trucks as well as trunking. Just think, your pallet will be loaded at least 4 times before it reaches it destination.
- Avoid using an under-size pallets, if your goods are overhanging the edges then there is more risk of damage and your goods may not be covered by the carriers insurance.