There are certain goods that we will ship, however, unfortunately, we are unable to offer insurance on them. Sending any of the below items will be at your own risk.
The following items will not be insured for loss or damage. If you do ship these items, it is entirely at your own risk and they may be confiscated by Customs. If this is the case, they may not be returned.
- Cash, credit cards, debit cards
- Passports, birth and death certificates or other unique documentation
- Keys and other negotiable items of monetary or personal value
- Articles of exceptional value, for instance, works of art, precious stones, gold and silver
- Antiques high in value must be sent using a special service only
White Goods, Perishables and Personal Effects
The following items will not be insured for loss or damage and are therefore not suitable for any of the regular courier networks we work with. Businesses can ship bulky items with our two-man service.
- White goods, for example, fridges, freezers, washing machines, ovens, microwaves, dishwashers, etc.
- Only flat-packed furniture can be shipped. Other home contents, for example, large or heavy furniture, boxes of personal effects or other collections of items, would be better suited to a removals service or personal transportation. These should then be individually wrapped and packaged if sent via the courier network. Please see our guide on How to package items appropriately.
- If suitcases filled with personal effects are sent via courier, they must be packaged separately inside the suitcase. That must then be shrink-wrapped or otherwise protected, since it will not be covered against damage if used as an external container. You should note that labels also stick far better to suitcases when they are wrapped appropriately.
- Perishable goods eg. frozen or fresh food, and pharmaceutical products like vaccines
- Plants, flowers and seeds
Fragile and High-Value Goods
The following items will not be insured for damage but can be insured for loss. They must be packaged in line with our guidelines. We recommend that expensive and valuable items, attractive to thieves, are camouflaged in their packaging to detract attention away from them.
- Computers, laptops, tablets, monitors and screens, etc.
- Televisions, LCD screens, plasma screens, projectors, digital displays, etc.
- Glass or any item that contains glass in part, for example, iPods, mobile phones or Smartphones
- Ceramics, marble, china, stone or resin