Regrettably there are certain items we are unable to ship; this is because of legal and safety reasons, they are prohibited items or they are simply unsuitable. By using our services, you are confirming that your pallet(s) do not contain any items listed in the prohibited list we do hope that you understand and do not try to send any of the listed items. If we discover that your shipment contains an item listed in the prohibited items list, you agree that:
- You shall indemnify us, our members, and our sub-contractors in full and on demand against all claims, losses, fines, penalties, demands and costs suffered as a result;
- We shall have no liability in connection with any loss of, or damage to the relevant pallet(s);
- Where we have collected your pallet(s), we may (if in our possession and where we are legally permitted to do so) return the relevant pallet(s) to the original collection address. In these circumstances, we shall be entitled to retain the price paid for the services (to reflect the costs we have incurred) and charge you a further amount for a return (up to the price originally paid for the services) and charge you a surcharge set out in our surcharge list;
- Where discovery is made before, or at the time of collection of your pallet(s), we will not collect your pallet(s) and we shall be entitled to retain the price paid for the services (to reflect the costs we have incurred).
Prohibited Items List
The following prohibited items cannot be shipped because they may contain dangerous, hazardous materials, and items that are deemed dangerous and are a risk to people or environments.
- Animal parts, skins or furs
- Car batteries
- Corrosive substances (Battery acid and drain cleaner)
- Damaged and faulty goods, If you are returning items to a company because they are faulty, damaged or unwanted please note that UK Pallets takes no responsibility for the returned condition unless provided with proof of transit damage.
- Engines, generators, gear boxes or other mechanical parts that have contained oil unless completely flushed out and dried. Couriers will need access to the dipstick and if any oil is present, the engine will not be collected
- Explosives (Fireworks, sparklers, munitions: war materials and ammunition)
- Fire extinguishers
- Flammable liquids, for instance, alcohol that is more than 24% ABV (Alcohol by Volume) and especially more than 70% ABV
- Flammable solids (Matches and firelighters)
- Fuel (petrol and Diesel)
- Gases (Aerosols and camping gas cylinders)
- Hazardous Goods
- Hot tubs
- Household removals
- Human remains (including ashes)
- Illegal drugs
- Items containing flammable liquids, for example, perfumes (alcohol), paint strippers and nail varnish remover (solvents)
- Ivory or ivory products
- Leather goods (to some countries)
- Lithium batteries, including those in battery operated toys and in laptops
- Live animals will only be considered for movement on a bespoke animal transportation service.
- Oxidising substances and organic peroxides (bleaching agents)
- Pornographic material (to some countries)
- Prescribed medicines
- Radioactive material, for example, smoke alarms and luminous dials (found on watches, alarm clocks etc.)
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Toxic and infectious substances (Pesticides, weed killers and poisons)
- Weapons, for instance, firearms, swords and knive
Unsuitable Goods List
There are certain goods that we will ship, however, unfortunately, we are unable to offer insurance on them. Sending any of the below items will be at your own risk.
The following items will not be insured for loss or damage. If you do ship these items, it is entirely at your own risk and they may be confiscated by Customs. If this is the case, they may not be returned.
- Cash, credit cards, debit cards
- Passports, birth and death certificates or other unique documentation
- Keys and other negotiable items of monetary or personal value
- Articles of exceptional value, for instance, works of art, precious stones, gold and silver
- Antiques high in value must be sent using a special service only
- White Goods, Perishables and Personal Effects
The following items will not be insured for loss or damage and are therefore not suitable for any of the regular courier networks we work with. Businesses can ship bulky items with our two-man service.
- White goods, for example, fridges, freezers, washing machines, ovens, microwaves, dishwashers, etc.
- Only flat-packed furniture can be shipped. Other home contents, for example, large or heavy furniture, boxes of personal effects or other collections of items, would be better suited to a removals service or personal transportation. These should then be individually wrapped and packaged if sent via the courier network. Please see our guide on How to package items appropriately.
- If suitcases filled with personal effects are sent via courier, they must be packaged separately inside the suitcase. That must then be shrink-wrapped or otherwise protected, since it will not be covered against damage if used as an external container. You should note that labels also stick far better to suitcases when they are wrapped appropriately.
- Perishable goods e.g. frozen or fresh food, and pharmaceutical products like vaccines
- Plants, flowers and seeds
Fragile and High-value Goods
The following items will not be insured for damage but can be insured for loss. They must be packaged in line with our guidelines. We recommend that expensive and valuable items, attractive to thieves, are camouflaged in their packaging to detract attention away from them.
- Computers, laptops, tablets, monitors and screens, etc.
- Televisions, LCD screens, plasma screens, projectors, digital displays, etc.
- Glass or any item that contains glass in part, for example, iPods, mobile phones or Smartphones
- Ceramics, marble, china, stone or resin
Good’s that may leak– Safe Transportation
Goods that are susceptible to leakage can cause problems due to the risk of potential damage during transit, and there are certain items that cannot be shipped. The following items cannot be shipped. These items are a known risk for leakage or contamination to people, environments or other items in a shipment. Please ensure these items are not part of your shipment.